+1 on this request. This is the single major reason preventing me from using SlipBox.
I'm an avid user of Simplenote + Notational Velocity. However, Simplenote is ... causing me pain, and I'm now looking for replacements. I've been eyeing this app for a while, but the import process effectively duplicating and then locking my notes into this app a hard sell. The other is openmeta tags – it looks like this app "supports" them, but if the notes aren't stored as individual files, what does that mean? Nearly all my notes are already tagged with keywords – and the import process does not preserve these. So I'd have to re-tag them all.
Ideally, I'd be able to :
- replace Simplenote with SlipBox on my phone.
- On the desktop, point both NV and SlipBox at the same directory : each note's already a single file, and already tagged.
- sync all these notes to my phone
- continue to use NV on the desktop, since I'm familiar with it
- gradually warm to SlipBox on the desktop over time, since it does have some very appealing features
I know it sorta seems like asking a lot, but really w/support for individual files & openmeta tags, I think it'd "just work". And it would be pretty awesome.