SB lite mobile crashes

Moderator: mg

SB lite mobile crashes

Postby Prion » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:02 pm

The mobile lite version of SB crashes reproducibly as soon as I type the first letter into the search field. The enlarged indicator of the letter stays on screen for about one second then crash to desktop (if an iPhone 3G has such a thing).

Prion

PS: I really like the look of the mobile version in general.
Prion

Re: SB lite mobile crashes

Postby mg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:06 am

Thanks for letting me know. I've not heard of such an issue before and cannot reproduce it. If you don't mind, perhaps you can send me the crash logs. The short version is: Sync the device on which the app has crashed. This will copy the crash logs to your computer to the following directory:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Windows Vista or 7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

Email the ".crash" files that were generated for SlipBox lite to me.

(Here's a technical note giving more details: http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/ ... n2151.html)
mg

Postby Prion » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Done. Let me know if you find anything or if you should need more.
Prion

Postby Prion » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

I'll answer myself then, it probably wasn't SlipBox's fault. Last night I erased my iPhone completely by putting it into DFU mode which essentially presents a newly formatted phone to iTunes. One of the first things I did was install Slipbox lite, open it and low and behold entering the first letter into the search field did not lead to it crashing back to desktop as it has done invariably many dozen times before.
I don't know what exactly had happened, it was certainly serious enough to generate a reproducible error with SlipBox. But it appears that SlipBox has fallen victim to whatever hiccup this may have been rather than having caused it. Just mentioning it in case somebody else runs into this problem in the future.

Prion
Prion

Postby mg » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. I haven't found anything up to now to reproduce your problems ...
mg

Postby Prion » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:25 am

I wouldn't waste too much time on it if I were you, now that you know that it now runs fine on this very iPhone that had problems for a while.
I for one will return to looking in more detail into what I can do with SlipBox on the Mac because that motivation was affected by the practical (but now solved) inability to carry my notes with me at all times.

P
Prion

Postby Prion » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Bad news:
The crashes returned soon after I thought that resetting the iPhone had solved the problem.

Good news:
I finally upgraded from the otherwise workable second generation iPhone 3G to a 4 and low and behold all problems have magically disappeared. I am saying "yet" because I upgraded only recently but so far it is looking good plus a similar issue with another app has also disappeared and that one I have checked very thoroughly.
I noticed that crashes in the search function are mentioned in some app reviews so it might be worth finding out which generation of iPhone these people are using.
Prion

Postby mg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 am

In the last update, I fixed a crash that occurred in the German localisation of SlipBox mobile. If the issue still persists after updating to the latest version, please let me know!
mg

Postby usmanali7 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:52 am

This is hardly the point. But data which are otherwise kept private frequently turn up freely accessible on the internet because employees who don't have to hack themselves into the system either set these data free by mistake or in order to create some turmoil, case in point: Bank data Switzerland, Facebook disaster, German Telekom.....the list goes on. And furthermore, the jurisdiction is very vague for data in the cloud, which country's laws are in effect, the data originator, the service provider, or where the servers themselves happen to be located, what? Bottom line is, whoever does whatever to your data will be out of reach. Data mining is bigger than we think. Why do we always get ads which are close to what we are doing on our Googlemail accounts? Not because a person is reading them but because the content of your mails and activities is evaluated automatically.
usmanali7

Postby gupinftnaja22 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:47 am

Want to try it?

royal1688
gupinftnaja22

Postby hanr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am

Thank you for good information.

gclubslot
hanr